Wednesday 4 May 2016

corncrakes for breakfast

willow warbler song

Early one morning, just as the sun was ri-i-sing, I finished doing my stretching exercises and walked as quietly as you like along the towpath, to where a willow warbler was singing. I had my binoculars and camera with me, because hey, why not?

I'll tell you why not.

Beardy bloke walking his spaniel stops and booms WHAT'S THE EXCITEMENT?

It's a willow warbler

OH NOTHING SPECIAL THEN

They may be special to each other...

I SAW A DIPPER BY THE RIVER DOWN THERE YOU KNOW NICE TO HEAR THE BLACKCAPS THE POOR MANS NIGHTINGALE THEY CALL THEM

And on he went, preening as he sauntered.

We made up other unlikely conjunctions of birds later. THE BLUE TIT IS THE POOR MANS CORNCRAKE and so on. 

Poor poor man.

No comments:

Post a Comment