Saturday 9 May 2009

the Bristol reading

For me, Friday's reading at the Tobacco Factory in Bedminster, Bristol, was The Big Gig, as I'd been responsible for the publicity and there was no Richard around on the day. It felt a bit like the way I used to feel sailing my Mirror dinghy in the Solent; the difference between having someone else at the helm and taking the helm myself, with a dark sky and a squall heading my way. Try not to funk it and keep on sailing.

It was all right on the night. James Russell gave a very good performance of the Richard bits. And there were lots of nice people there. If you were one of them, then thank you!




photo by Chris Bertram

Becoming Drusilla - the reading, originally uploaded by Chris Bertram.


7 comments:

  1. I'm pleased it went well for you, though there was never any doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great evening Dru - an unexpected and wonderful time!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a great evening Dru - an unexpected and wonderful time!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Mirror Dinghys in the Solent; an evocative image. Saw one this weekend on the Medina, made me nostalgic for mine sitting back in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like James emjoyed it so much he posted twice! (sorry, couldn't resist it James ;-)...you did a fine job!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, everyone!
    I once sailed up the Medina, Jess, on a long Midsummer's Day trip from Portsmouth; we were becalmed most of the time and drifting with the tide, hence the length of the voyage... just about to overhaul the Mirror and relocate it to Pembrokeshire; Bristol isn't really waterly wild.

    ReplyDelete